Introduces a range of practices for advancing service reliability engineering through a
mixture of automation, organizational ways of working, and business alignment. Tailored
for those focused on large-scale service scalability and reliability.
|E-learning with Exam||Live Online||Classroom training||Exam and E-book only||E-learning only (English)|
|12 months of access to high-quality self-paced DevOps Institute prepared e-learning (video lectures) content created by industry experts||Flexible weekdays/weekends classes||24x7x365 - Learner assistance and support||Downloadable e-book PDF of Student Training Material||12 months of access to high-quality self-paced DevOps Institute prepared e-learning (video lectures) content created by industry experts|
|24x7x365 - Learner assistance and support||Select between 8 / 4 / 2 Hours daily instruction, class options||Repeat next scheduled live online / classroom classes at no extra cost||Two Mock Exam with Answer Key||24x7x365 - Learner assistance and support|
|Downloadable e-book PDF of Student Training Material||Repeat next scheduled live online classes at no extra cost||Flexible weekdays/weekends classes||Official DevOps institute web proctored Exam Included||Downloadable e-book PDF of Student Training Material|
|Two Mock Exam with Answer Key||Downloadable e-book PDF of Student Training Material||Downloadable e-book PDF of Student Training Material||Two Mock Exam with Answer Key|
|Official DevOps institute web proctored Exam Included||Two Mock Exam with Answer Key||Two Mock Exam with Answer Key|
|24x7x365 - Learner assistance and support|
|Official DevOps institute web proctored Exam Included|
Please select the product, you would like to purchase, from the offerings mentioned below:
The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Practitioner course introduces ways to
economically and reliably scale services in an organization. It explores strategies to
improve agility, cross-functional collaboration, and transparency of health of services
towards building resiliency by design, automation, and closed-loop remediations.
The course aims to equip participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage
people across the organization are involved in reliability through the use of real-life
scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have
tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as implementing SRE
models that fit their organizational context, building advanced observability in
distributed systems, building resiliency by design and effective incident responses using
The course is developed by leveraging key SRE sources, engaging with thought-leaders
in the SRE space and working with organizations embracing SRE to extract real-life best
practices and has been designed to teach the key principles & practices necessary for
starting SRE adoption.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the SRE Practitioner certification
At the end of the course, the following learning objectives are expected to be
- A practical view of how to successfully implement a flourishing SRE culture in your
- The underlying principles of SRE and an understanding of what it is not in terms of
anti-patterns, and how you become aware of them to avoid them.
- The organizational impact of introducing SRE.
- Acing the art of SLIs and SLOs in a distributed ecosystem and extending the usage of
Error Budgets beyond the normal to innovate and avoid risks
- Building security and resilience by design in a distributed, zero-trust environment.
- How do you implement full stack observability, and distributed tracing and bring about
an Observability-driven development culture?
- Curating data using AI to move from reactive to proactive and predictive incident
management. Also, how do you use DataOps to build clean data lineage?
- Why is Platform Engineering so important in building consistency and predictability of
- Implementing practical Chaos Engineering.
- Major incident response responsibilities for a SRE based on incident command
framework, and examples of the anatomy of unmanaged incidents.
- The perspective of why SRE can be considered as the purest implementation of DevOps.
- SRE Execution model
- Understanding the SRE role and understanding why reliability is everyone’s problem.
- SRE success story learnings
The target audience for the SRE Practitioner course is professionals including:
- Anyone focused on large-scale service scalability and reliability
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
- Twenty-four (24) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
It is highly recommended that learners attend the SRE Foundation course with an
accredited DevOps Institute Education Partner and earn the SRE Foundation
certification prior to attending the SRE Practitioner course and exam. An understanding
and knowledge of common SRE terminology, concepts, principles, and related work
experience is recommended.
Successfully passing (65%) the 90-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice
questions lead to the SRE Practitioner certificate. The certification is governed and
maintained by DevOps Institute.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: SRE Anti-patterns
- Module 2: SLO is a Proxy for Customer Happiness
- Module 3: Building Secure and Reliable Systems
- Module 4: Full-Stack Observability
- Module 5: Platform Engineering and AIOPs
- Module 6: SRE & Incident Response Management
- Module 7: Chaos Engineering
- Module 8: SRE is the Purest form of DevOps
- Post-class assignments/exercises