Duration : 3 Days
DevSecOps Practitioner introduces a range of practices for advancing to a more comprehensive
understanding of DevSecOps practices. Explore practical outcomes through finding the right
mix of people, building processes to accelerate value, and comparing technological options
available today. Tailored for recently transformed organizations that are looking to enhance
DevSecOps skills and awareness.
|E-learning with Exam||Live Online||Classroom training||Exam and E-book only|
|12 months of access to high-quality self-paced DevOps Institute prepared e-learning (video lectures) content created by industry experts||Flexible weekdays/weekends classes||24x7x365 - Learner assistance and support||Downloadable PDF of Student Training Material|
|24x7x365 - Learner assistance and support||Select between 8 / 4 / 2 Hours daily instruction, class options||Repeat next scheduled live online / classroom classes at no extra cost||Two Mock Exam with Answer Key|
|Downloadable PDF of Student Training Material||Repeat next scheduled live online classes at no extra cost||Flexible weekdays/weekends classes||Official DevOps institute web proctored Exam Included|
|Two Mock Exam with Answer Key||Downloadable PDF of Student Training Material||Downloadable PDF of Student Training Material||Sample Paper PDF and Sample Exam Simulation|
|Official DevOps institute web proctored Exam Included||Two Mock Exam with Answer Key||Two Mock Exam with Answer Key|
|Sample Paper PDF and Sample Exam Simulation||24x7x365 - Learner assistance and support||Sample Paper PDF and Sample Exam Simulation|
|Official DevOps institute web proctored Exam Included|
|Sample Paper PDF and Sample Exam Simulation|
Please select the product, you would like to purchase, from the offerings mentioned below:
The DevSecOps Practitioner course is intended as a follow-on to the DevSecOps Foundation
course. The course builds on previous understanding to dive into technical implementation.
Each section highlights useful metrics as well as integrates new techniques into differing
practices. These modules offer suggestions on how to overcome people, process, and
technological issues to develop better DevSecOps outcomes. Beginning with a deeper dive into the
surrounding concepts, the course then considers either using existing metrics or developing
unique expressions suitable to each DevOps experience. The middle section looks at architecture
transitions, building infrastructure, and tuning the CI/CD pipeline to the best effect. Finally, the
course offers ways to get the best from your experimentation practices and considers where the
future of DevSecOps may lead.
The DevSecOps Practitioner course introduces more advanced ways to explore DevSecOps in your
organization. Each section covers practical maturity guides and then discusses how people,
processes, and technology can be combined to improve outcomes.
The course aims to equip participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people
across the organization involved in reliability through the use of real-life scenarios and case
stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when
back in the office such as implementing DevSecOps practices in their organizational structure,
building better pipelines in distributed systems, and having a common technological language.
The course is developed by leveraging key DevSecOps sources, engaging with thought-leaders in
the space, and working with organizations to extract real-life best practices and has been designed
to teach the key principles & practices necessary for successful DevSecOps practices.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the DevSecOps Practitioner certification
It is highly recommended that learners complete the DevOps Institute DevSecOps
Foundation course and certification prior to taking the DevSecOps Practitioner course and exam.
At the end of the course, the following learning objectives are expected to be achieved:
- Distinguish between the technical elements used across DevSecOps practices
- Comprehend the underlying principles of DevSecOps
- Demonstrate how practical maturity concepts can be extended across multiple areas.
- Implement metric-based assessments tied to your organization.
- Recognize modern architectural concepts including microservice to monolith transitions.
- Recognize the various languages and tools used to communicate architectural concepts.
- Contrast the options used to build a DevSecOps infrastructure through Platform as a Service,
Server-less construction, and event-driven mediums
- Prepare to hire practices to recognize and understand the individual knowledge, skills, and
abilities required for mature Dev.
- Identify the various technical requirements tied to the DevSecOps pipelines and how those impact people and process choices.
- Review various approaches to securing data repositories and pipelines.
- Analyze how monitoring and observability practices contribute to valuable outcomes.
- Comprehend how to implement monitoring at key points to contribute to the actionable analysis.
- Evaluate how different experimental structures contribute to the 3rd Way.
- Identify future trends that may affect DevSecOps
The target audience for the DevSecOps Practitioner course is professionals including:
- Anyone focused on implementing or improving DevSecOps practices in their organization
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
- 24 hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
It is highly recommended that learners attend the DevSecOps Foundation course with an
accredited DevOps Institute Education Partner and complete the DevSecOps Foundation
certification prior to attending the DevSecOps Practitioner course and exam. An understanding
and knowledge of common DevSecOps terminology, concepts, principles, and related work
experience is recommended.
Successfully passing (65%) the 90-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice
questions lead to the DevSecOps Practitioner certificate. The certification is governed and
maintained by DevOps Institute.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: DevSecOps Advanced Basics
- Module 2: Understanding Applied Metrics
- Module 3: Architecting and Planning for DevSecOps
- Module 4: Creating a DevSecOps Infrastructure
- Module 5: Establishing a Pipeline
- Module 6: Observing DevSecOps Outcomes
- Module 7: Practical 3rd Way Applications
- Module 8: The Future of DevOps