Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
This one-day instructor-led class provides an overview of Google Cloud Platform products and services.
DURATION: 1 Day
This one-day instructor-led class provides an overview of Google Cloud Platform products and services. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Identify the purpose and value of Google Cloud Platform products and services
- Interact with Google Cloud Platform services
- Describe ways in which customers have used Google Cloud Platform
- Choose among and use application deployment environments on Google Cloud Platform: Google App Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Google Compute Engine
- Choose among and use Google Cloud Platform storage options: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore
- Make basic use of BigQuery, Google’s managed data warehouse for analytics
- Make basic use of Cloud Deployment Manager, Google’s tool for creating and managing cloud resources through templates
- Make basic use of Google Stackdriver, Google’s monitoring, logging, and diagnostics system
Instructor-led, Instructor-led online
This class is intended for the following:
- Individuals planning to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud Platform.
- Developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Executives and business decision makers evaluating the potential of Google Cloud Platform to address their business needs.
Familiarity with the Linux command line, web servers, and text editors
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
The course includes presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
Module 3: Virtual Machines and Networks in the Cloud Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine. Understand the various Google Cloud Platform networking and operational tools and services. Lab: Compute Engine
Module 5: Containers in the Cloud Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers. Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Kubernetes Engine and Kubernetes. Lab: Kubernetes Engine
Module 8: Big Data and Machine Learning in the Cloud Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms. Lab: BigQuery