The ITIL 4 Practitioner: Incident Management practice module is for IT professionals who are involved in minimizing the negative impact of incidents by restoring normal service operations as quickly as possible.
The individuals can demonstrate their understanding and application of the concepts covered in the ITIL 4 Incident Management practice at both strategic and operational levels maximizing value from this practice area.
ITIL 4 Practitioner: Incident Management enables professionals to efficiently
- Coordinate incident handling in the organization or in a specific area, such as territory, product, or technology, depending on the organizational design
- Monitor and review the work of teams that handle and resolve incidents
- Coordinate manual work with incidents, especially those involving multiple teams
- Ensure sufficient awareness of the incidents and their status across the organization
- Conduct regular incident reviews and initiate improvements of the incident management practice, the incident models, and the incident handling procedures
- Measure, assess and develop the Incident Management practice capability in their organisation by using the ITIL Maturity Model.
For this course, you are required to have obtained your ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate. Even if your ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate is expired, you can still do any higher level ITIL® 4 course from 1 World Training. Every successful pass of an Peoplecert exam that belongs under the same Suite, will renew the previous expired certificates to the renewal date of the most recent Axelos Peoplecert exam.
Example: Even if the ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate is expired, has a due renewal date (for instance 1st July 2023), the ITIL® 4 Foundation is still considered a valid prerequisite and will be extended to the renewal date of ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Incident Management, after successful acquisition of the latter.
Certification: On Passing Exam you become, ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Incident Management. View sample
- 20 questions
- Multiple choice
- 13 out of 20 marks required to pass (65%)
- 30 minutes
- Closed book.
* To be awarded the practice manager designation, a candidate must achieve ITIL® MP CDS certificate and ANY five practice-based certification, either individually or as ONE of the three pre-bundled course. these may include the ITAM and BRM extension modules or any practices from the practice manager track.
* ITIL® 4 Master will be awarded to candidates who achieve the practice Manager (PM), managing professional(PM) and strategic leader(SL) designations.