The Managing Professional (MP) designation provides practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT and digitally-enabled services, teams and workflows. In order to achieve the ITIL® 4 MP designation, professionals must be certified in ITIL® 4 Foundation and all of the following four modules:
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support (CDS)
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV)
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: High-velocity IT (HVIT)
- ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI)
Why this ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition (MPT) module?
Following the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional transition module and passing the exam results in ITIL® 4 Managing Professional certification. The requirement for participating in the course is ITIL v3 Expert certification or a minimum of 17 (v3) credits. It is important to note that candidates can continue to acquire their ITIL v3 Intermediate or Practitioner credits to enable them to be eligible to participate in this transition module.
What will you learn?
The course deals with the main elements of ITIL® 4 Managing Professional and ITIL® 4 Foundation:
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support. Integrating the various value streams and activities involved in creating, delivering and supporting IT products and IT services, including the supporting practices, methods and tools.
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value. Converting demand into value and looking at all types of interaction between service providers and customers, users, suppliers and partners.
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT. Applying Lean principles and a DevOps way of working to supplement working with Agile and Scrum.
- ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve. Learning the practical skills required to create an organization that continuously improves.
- ITIL® 4 Foundation. Becoming familiar with the basis of the service value system (SVS) and the four dimension model used to consider every component of the SVS.
Exam and certification
If you complete the course and pass the exam, you will be awarded the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional certificate. The closed-book exam consists of forty (40) multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 70% (28 correct answers out of 40 questions). The exam is conducted online and must be completed within 90 minutes.
The requirement for participating in the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional transition module is ITIL v3 Expert certification or a minimum of 17 (v3) credits.