ITIL® 4 Foundation has been designed as an introduction to ITIL® 4 and enables candidates to look at IT service management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
ITIL® 4 Foundation is for anyone working within the IT function who needs to understand the key concepts of IT and digital service delivery and is interested in helping their organization address new service management challenges. It is for professionals at
the start of their ITIL® 4 journey or those looking to upgrade their existing ITIL knowledge.
Covered In ITIL 4 Foundation Course:
- Service management concepts : The fundamental concepts of service management, including the definition of a service, its components, and its value to stakeholders.
- Service Value System : A key framework that helps organizations create, deliver, and manage services. It includes elements like the Service Value Chain, guiding principles, and governance.
- Four Dimensions of Service Management : Explores the four dimensions of service management, which are critical to the effective delivery of services: organizations and people, information and technology, partners and suppliers, and value streams and processes.
- Guiding Principles : The seven guiding principles of ITIL 4, provide organizations with a mindset for adopting and adapting ITIL practices to their specific needs
- Service Value Chain : The Service Value Chain helps organizations create value by optimizing their activities and resources.
- ITIL Practices : The ITIL 4 practices enable working methods in the context of the entire IT function and aligned to the business strategy, improving how services are developed and how users are supported
- Continuous improvement : Emphasizes the importance of continual improvement, which is central to the ITIL framework. With a focus on how organizations can continuously adapt and improve their processes and services
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) : Understanding of how SLAs are used to define and manage service quality, and the role of service level management in this context.
- Key Metrics and Key Performance Indicators : Discovery of the importance of defining and tracking metrics and KPIs to measure the performance and effectiveness of IT services.
Skills Acquired in ITIL® 4 Foundation Course helps:
- IT Specialist Application Development
- IT Specialist Change Management
- IT Operations Specialist
- IT Development Manager
- IT Service Operations Manager
- IT Team Leader
- Chief Digital Officer
- IT Project Manager
- Transformation Manager
- IT Service Manager
- Digital Product Manager
ITIL® 4 is an evolution from ITIL v3, providing a practical and flexible transition that allows organizations to adopt the new ways of working required by the modern digital world.
This update on ITIL reflects the fast-paced and complex environment we live in, and new ways of working and emerging practices. All of which are essential not only for ITSM professionals, but also for a wider range of professionals working in the world of digital transformation.
The purpose of ITIL® 4 is to provide organizations and professionals with comprehensive guidance for managing information technology in a modern service economy.
* To be awarded the practice manager designation, a candidate must achieve ITIL® MP CDS certificate and ANY five practice-based certification, either individually or as ONE of the three pre-bundled course. these may include the ITAM and BRM extension modules or any practices from the practice manager track.
* ITIL® 4 Master will be awarded to candidates who achieve the practice Manager (PM), managing professional(PM) and strategic leader(SL) designations.
I have taken ITIL Foundation, how should I transition to ITIL® 4?
If you have taken only ITIL v3 Foundation in the past, then the recommended approach is to take ITIL® 4 Foundation in order to be able to transition easily to the new ITIL® 4 scheme.
There is a large amount of new material in ITIL® 4 Foundation, therefore a new exam is required to assess your knowledge of the new ITIL® 4 Foundation guidance.
Why this ITIL® 4 Foundation training?
ITIL® 4 Foundation is the entry level course for ITIL certification in IT Service Management (ITSM). The training course is designed as an introduction to ITIL® 4 and enables you to understand a new way of looking at IT Service Management through a Service Value System.
ITIL® 4 brings IT Service Management up to date by reshaping many established ITSM practices in the wider context of customer experience, value streams, and digital transformation.
An important part of the training is to link ITIL to new ways of working, such as Lean, Agile and DevOps.
What you will learn
This two-day training course by 1 World Training, prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate.
At the end of this course, you will have an understanding of service management concepts, the Guiding Principles of ITIL® 4, the Service Value Chain, the four dimensions of Service Management, continual improvement and overview of practices.
The ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate is a requirement for taking any of the ITIL Managing Professional and ITIL Strategic Leader modules that lead up to the ITIL Master qualification. Participants receive an ITIL Foundation workbook containing all the presentation materials, course notes, case study and practice exams.
About the exam and certification
The purpose of the exam is to assess if participants are able to demonstrate sufficient understanding of the ITIL® 4 service management framework.
The ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate is awarded on successful completion of the exam.
The exam is closed book with forty (40) multiple choice questions. The pass grade is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
The exam lasts 60 minutes.
Exam type: Web Proctored by PeopleCert
Who should attend?
Individuals at the start of their journey in Service Management; ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers; individuals working in other areas of IT (digital, product, development) with a strong interface with service delivery; existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge.