ITIL® 4 is an evolution from ITIL v3 and ITIL Edition 2011, providing a practical and flexible transition that allows organizations to adopt and adapt the new ways of working required by the modern digital world.
The ITIL® 4 foundation was launched in 2019 and it brings ITIL up to date by revising many established ITSM practices and placing them in the wider context of customer experience, value streams and digital transformation, as well as embracing new ways of working, such as Lean, Agile and DevOps.
ITIL® 4 Specialist: Create Deliver and Support (CDS) is one of the four modules which go together to make up the ITIL® Managing Professional learning path.
Why take this ITIL® 4 Create, Deliver & Support training?
CDS will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Adopt the ITIL practices to enable working methods aligned to the entire IT function and wider business strategy
- Improve how services are developed and how users are supported
- Build strong and effective strategic direction and break down siloes
- Utilize ITIL practices to effectively measure service performance and improve efficiencies across teams, value streams and workflows
- Learn how to plan and manage resources into effective value streams
- Integrate new technologies across the value chain, including robotics, AI, machine learning and advanced analytics; and continually evolve as new innovations emerge
- Use the ITIL guiding principles to establish a universal approach to work across multiple methodologies and frameworks, including Agile, DevOps and SHIFT LEFT
What will you learn?
The course has the following learning outcomes:
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver and support services
- Understand concepts and challenges across the service value system
- Understand how to use a ‘shift left’ approach
- Know how to plan and manage resources in the service value system
- Understand the use and value of information and technology across the service value system
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to creation, delivery and support across the SVS and value streams
- Know how to use a value stream to design, develop and transition new services
- Know how to use ITIL practices to contribute to a value stream for a new service
- Know how to use a value stream to provide user support
- Know how ITIL practices contribute to a value stream for user support
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
- Know how to co-ordinate, prioritize and structure work and activities to create, deliver and support services
- Understand the use and value of various concepts across the service value system
This course is delivered in a classroom setting using a case study and exercises that are designed to enhance the participants’ understanding of ITIL® 4. Participants who have completed this course, and have done some self-study, are suitably prepared to take the associated ITIL® 4 CDS exam.
Participants will receive an ITIL® CDS classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
24 hours (3 days)
Who should attend this ITIL® 4 Create, Deliver & Support training?
This course is aimed at individuals who are continuing their journey in service management, such as ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers, ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled and digital products and services, and those responsible for their end-to-end delivery, as well as holders of existing ITIL qualifications who wish to develop their knowledge further.
For this course, you are required to have obtained your ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate.
You will need to provide us with a copy of this certificate upon registration to take this course.
Certification: On Passing Exam you become, ITIL® Specialist: Create Deliver and Support