The ITAMOrg Hardware Asset Management certification (HAM) syllabus and qualification scheme is designed to provide Hardware Asset Managers, who work in the typically multifaceted computing environment of small/medium to large companies, with the appropriate knowledge to implement and maintain an effective HAM program. The three-day HAM course is designed for IT professionals with little understanding of the IT Asset Management area.
Attendees will, after the course, be able to demonstrate an overall understanding of the Hardware
Asset Manager’s role in relation to:
- Understanding the risks, costs, challenges, and benefits associated with HAM in a dynamic IT
- Understanding the different types of hardware that should be managed to avoid risk
- Understand the retirement and disposal lifecycle
- Recognizing the potential issues that arise when implementing a HAM program
- Gathering the required information about the organizational environment into which the HAM program is being implemented
- Developing a comprehensive business case for HAM to gain commitment to the HAM project
- Understanding the key HAM processes required to ensure an effective HAM program
- Specifying the requirements for evaluating and selecting the correct tools for HAM
- Developing and communicating the related hardware policy
- Understanding how HAM interfaces with IT Service Management including ITIL and other BPs
- Planning for the development and implementation of all HAM policies, procedures, and tools
- Establishing and maintaining a database containing the data relevant to HAM
- Understanding how to control all activities associated with the hardware lifecycle
- Detecting, escalating, and managing all exceptions with policies, processes, procedures, and hardware types in the correct way
- Managing all relationships within the business and with partners/suppliers to the agreed service levels
- Continually assessing the effectiveness of policies and procedures in relation to the different tiers
The HAM course is based on Hardware Asset Management best practices and standardization. It combines IT Service Management best practice with the Hardware Asset Management standard (ISO19770).
The Hardware Asset Management Specialist exam
In order to obtain the Hardware Asset Management Specialist Certificate you first need to have successfully completed the Hardware Asset Management Specialist exam. The exam procedure is explained in the following section.
The examination is a 40 minutes closed book multiple choice consisting of 40 questions.
The pass mark is 55%
The examination will be founded on the syllabus as stated in this document. All examination questions will be drawn from any and all subjects in this syllabus, and the amount of weight allocated to any given topic has to be expected to be in proportion to the given topic’s coverage in this syllabus.
You must pass a multiple-choice exam in which your knowledge of Hardware Asset Management will be tested to obtain an Hardware Asset Management Specialist certificate.
All exam candidates will get access to the online exam environment and will need to answer 40 multiple-choice questions within 40 minutes.
You will be taking a multiple choice exam of 40 questions for Hardware Asset Management Exam of ITAMOrg. Exam can be taken from your home or office. Each question includes four possible answers, of which only one is the correct answer.