The dramatic increase in the use of personal information — and the associated risks — has resulted in the introduction of global data protection regulations by European Parliament and European Council in April 2016. This course provides an understanding of new and wide-reaching requirements from the General Data Protection Regulation and those rules relevant for businesses, as well as employees’ responsibilities for protecting personal information. This is a 2-day intermediate level course, intended for audience who have general awareness of GDPR.
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) is the global gold standard in the protection and management of data The GDPR is EU legislation with far reaching implications & one of the major distinctions between the GDPR & the previous legislation is that the GDPR is a regulation & not any more a directive.
This program assists your organization for GDPR adoption; You will learn the best practices of GDPR implementation, from trainers who have decades of experience in Information Security Management, IT Service Management & Data Privacy.
This comprehensive program includes 3 critical aspects in terms of EU Legislation, required Organizational ecosystem & technology consideration for GDPR adoption
- Legal basis of data protection legislation
- Gap assessment for GDPR adoption
- Key GDPR terminology & Roles
- Essential GDPR adoption practices
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- Personal data risks due to technological platforms
This comprehensive program is open to anyone who wants to better understand the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR); it is ideally suited to those in a variety of job roles including:
- Data Privacy professionals
- Information Security & IT professionals
- Information System & Security Auditors
- Compliance Officers, Legal Counsels
- Designated Data Protection Officers
- Senior Management / Leadership roles
THIS PROGRAM WILL HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND
- Required Organizational cultures for GDPR adoption
- Roles of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)
- Behaviour, supervision & protection of personal data
- Legal aspects of GDPR
- Technical aspects of handling personal data
Program Audience Level – Beginner to Intermediate
Exam – Optional
Certificate of Attendance Awarded by – CERTP Ltd UK
Certificate of Course Completion Awarded by – CERTP Ltd UK, upon scoring 70% in Exam.