DevSecOps Practitioner introduces a range of practices for advancing to a more comprehensive understanding of DevSecOps practices. Explore practical outcomes through finding the right mix of people, building processes to accelerate value, and comparing technological options available today. Tailored for recently transformed organizations that are looking to enhance DevSecOps skills and awareness.
At the end of the course, the following learning objectives are expected to be achieved:
- Comprehend the underlying principles of DevSecOps
- Distinguish between the technical elements used across DevSecOps practices
- Demonstrate how practical maturity concepts can be extended across multiple areas.
- Implement metric-based assessments tied to your organization.
- Recognize modern architectural concepts including microservice to monolith transitions.
- Recognize the various languages and tools used to communicate architectural concepts.
- Contrast the options used to build a DevSecOps infrastructure through Platform as a Service, Server-less construction, and event-driven mediums
- Prepare to hire practices to recognize and understand the individual knowledge, skills, and abilities required for mature Dev.
- Identify the various technical requirements tied to the DevSecOps pipelines and how those impact people and process choices.
- Review various approaches to securing data repositories and pipelines.
- Analyze how monitoring and observability practices contribute to valuable outcomes.
- Comprehend how to implement monitoring at key points to contribute to the actionable analysis.
- Evaluate how different experimental structures contribute to the 3rd Way.
- Identify future trends that may affect DevSecOps
- 24 hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
It is highly recommended that learners attend the DevSecOps Foundation course with an accredited DevOps Institute Education Partner and complete the DevSecOps Foundation certification prior to attending the DevSecOps Practitioner course and exam. An understanding
and knowledge of common DevSecOps terminology, concepts, principles, and related work experience are recommended.
Successfully passing (65%) the 90-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevSecOps Practitioner certificate. The certification is governed and maintained by DevOps Institute.